Friday, June 25, 2010

Pink Sheep of the Family.

"I grew up in a very well groomed family. Went to church religiously. Was told I was, “a very bright student”. Wasn’t raised in a bad neighborhood. Then I came out of the closet, my family embraced me." - I can relate to Hunter about that.

Like I said, it's not something that they don't know yet. They all did. Everyone did. But we just chose not to talk about my sexuality. Respect it is.

As a kid, I went to private schools. Some schools that are labeled for the rich kids only. I honestly can't remember at what age I realized that I am a queer. If I can say I was born gay, I will. During those years though, I still can remember that I've had crushes on girls but at the same time I fancy boys.
More boys than girls. Early sign of bisexuality.

I spent almost all my life being surrounded by girls. I have three doll sisters and our mom raising us up since my dad was based outside the country for work. I have more girl friends than boys. Maybe I wanna say I experienced identity crisis having been with them through out my life. But then again I think no. Clearly I knew I was into boys not into girls. It was so clear to me that I was gay.

So how did I came out of the closet? First I believe that closets are for clothes, not for people like us.

I was already actually planning on confessing to my mom who I really am when I go home for vacation. But as a very gorgeous doll, people envy you and wanna talk about you. I went to a depedida party of a friend who will be in Manila for several weeks. She prepared dinner for us. It was fun and sad at the same time because I'll miss her and her kids. I was in their dining area and got to talk to a girl who happens to know my family. The fact that their flat is infront of the flat of my dad and his new lady. Likewise, she already met my mom in the Philippines when she went there for vacation.

She gave me a lot of praises. From the top I was wearing which if I can remember well, that's a top from Topman, and to the bag I brought. Admitedly, I am a doll who is thirsty for praises. Who isn't? I actually thought she was nice and funny. I even showed her my man bag.

Then like three days passed. I got a call from my mom. She sounded angry and pissed! She questioned me why am I wearing make up and stuffs. Seriously, if you know me, I am not the person to argue with having just woke up. I am a very serious bad morning doll. I calmed down. I told her that we'll talk some other time.

I was shocked. I knew it was that bitch at Tina's party who blabbed it to my dad and then my dad to my mom.

Then I talked to my mom, heart to heart. On the phone I told her everything. I cleared every bits and pieces. What made me cry is that I never got a WHY from her. She defended me. She saved me. She accepted me.

That time I knew, they have finaly accepted that I am the pink sheep of the family.




Love and light dolls ♥

xxxcarlo

No comments:

Post a Comment